H2Blu DEF should be stored in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area, out of direct sunlight. Ideally, the temperature should be between 0°C – 30°C in order to ensure a shelf life of at least one year.
Only certain materials can come into contact with H2Blu DEF. Stainless steel and HDPE plastics are safe to use with DEF. Other metals may corrode when they come in contact with DEF and contaminate the product as a result. This causes it to be ineffective in achieving the desired emissions standards as well as causing potential damage to your engine components and the SCR catalyst. That’s why it’s important to use only DEF specific equipment to store and pump H2Blu DEF.
MATERIALS RECOMMENDED FOR USE WITH DEF
- Highly alloyed austentic CR-Ni-Mo-steels or stainless steel 304 (S30400), 304L (S30403) 316 (S31600) AND 316L (S31603) in accordance with ASTM A240, ASTM A276, and ASTM A312
- Ni-Mo-Cr-Mn-Cu-Si-Fe Alloys, e.g. Hastelloy c/c-276
- Polypropylene, free of additives
- Polyethylene, free of additives
- Perfluoroalkoxyl Alkane (PFA), free additives
- Polyfluoroethylene (PFE), free of additives
- Polyvinylidenefluoride (PVDF), free of additives
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), free of additives
- Copolymers of Vinylidenefluoride and Hexafluoropropylene, free of additives
MATERIAL NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE WITH DEF
- Carbon Steels, Zinc Coated Carbon Steels, and Mild Iron
- Non ferrous metals and alloys: Copper, Copper Alloys, Zing Lead
- Solders containing Lead, Silver, Zinc or Copper
- Aluminum, Aluminum Alloys
- Plastics or metals coated with Nickel
- H2Blu DEF should only be used in well-ventilated areas. Try to avoid any contact with eyes, skin or clothing. You should always wash your hands with soap and water after handling.
- Containers should be kept out of extreme heat and prolonged direct sunlight as well as out of reach of children. Keep containers tightly closed when not in use.